Three siblings have reportedly died and two others were hospitalized after they ate Amala in a community in the Ilorin East Local Government Area of Kwara State.
According to reports, five siblings of the same parents complained of abdominal pains and started vomiting after they consumed locally prepared yam flour meal (Amala).
They were reportedly rushed to the children’s hospital in Centre Igboro but three of them were pronounced dead at the hospital.
The other two survived and are responding to treatment.
The father of the children, who is a farmer, said he produced the yam flour himself and doesn’t know what exactly went wrong.